I came to the Wind State Orchestra Trimitas ten years ago, working with brass groups for children and young people. I played the first part of the cornet, and I was also an assistant conductor – I had to sit in front of the orchestra from time to time and replace maestro Romas Balčiūnas. I suggested that we develop an educational program with the orchestra and we did it for the first time in 1993. <…> Young musicians have always been fascinated by the music played by Trimitas, which is why they wanted to enter the band, thus beginning their long career at Trimitas in 2010, recalled Ugnius Vaiginis (b. 1968), who had recently become the orchestra’s chief conductor.
- trumpet, conducting, educational studies at the Lithuanian State Conservatoire (now Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theater)
- since 1986 – founder, artistic director and chief of the Jovaras Children and Youth Orchestra conductor
- since 1993 – soloist-concertmaster and assistant conductor of Lithuanian State Wind Orchestra Trimitas
- since 2009 – chief conductor of the collective
- since 2010 – initiator, coordinator and participant of the international festival “Call, trumpets”
- 2011 – Letter of thanks from President Dalia Grybauskaitė for her merits in educating the young generation and significant contribution to the musical life of the whole country
- 2013 – author’s work “European fanfare 2013” to commemorate the beginning of the Lithuanian Presidency of the European Union; President of the Republic of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė presented a letter of gratitude and a medal of the President of the Republic of Lithuania for this work
- 2014 – XV Festival Internazionale BANDE Musicali Giulianova in Giulianova (Italy) Awarded the Best Festival Conductor’s Cup and Best Festival Soloist Award
- 2018 – Awarded the highest award from the Ministry of Culture – Badge of Light and Believe
Before becoming Chief U. Vaiginis has spent more than 15 years at Trimitas, so he knows the strengths and capabilities of the band well. 2009 taking over conductor Trampoline U. Vaiginis has created original programs for classical, contemporary, sacred, jazz and popular music, initiated extraordinary performances of Trimitas with famous foreign artists of various genres – James Morrison (Australia), Steven Mead (United Kingdom), Sergei Nakariakov (France). , Jonathan Warburton (UK). He has also prepared joint orchestra projects with the most prominent Lithuanian performers: Virgilijus Noreika, Vytautas Juozapaitis, Asta Krikščiūnaitė, Eduardas Kaniava, Judita Leitaite, Edmundas Seilius, Merūnas Vitulskis, Vaidas Vyšniauskas and others.
U. Vaiginis, together with Trimitas, immortalized the work of Lithuanian authors on CDs. The orchestra, conducted by U. Vaiginis, compiled an album of works by contemporary Lithuanian composers, and in 2013, in collaboration with the most famous artists in the country, recorded a compilation of the most beautiful songs by composer Algimantas Raudonikis.
The conductor is also engaged in educational activities – constantly initiates and organizes educational concerts, creative camps and laboratories for creative children and youth of Lithuania.